Biography: Carlo Cacciatori is descendent from a sculptures family, who lived in Carrara and numbered among its ancestors, the famous Benedetto Cacciatori (1794 - 1871) - teacher at Bra Academy, engaged as artist by the Savoy Family, author of a work about "the Arch of Peace" and the statues of Saints of the Cathedral in Milan. Born in Pietrasanta, Lucca. He got a diploma at the school of Arts in Pietrasanta thanks the precious teaching of Leone Tommasi. After the diploma of "Master of Art" at the State Art Institute in Massa Carrara, he studied modelling under the guide of scupltures such as Riccardo Rossi and Carlo Sergio Signori. During these years, thanks the precious results, he won a famous Rotary Club International Prize, and many other recognitions. In 1958 he entered the Fine Arts Academy in Florence, in order to improve his sculpturing art, he worked with Antonio Berti and measured his art with that of many others italians and foreign artists. During that year he won the 2° price at the international art exhibition, organized by "il Giornale di Italia" (Roma, Palazzo Esposizioni). He was awarded by the National Exhibition "Mastro Giorgio" in Gubbio and then took part in several shows in Italy and abroad. Graduating with all marks from the Arts Academy in Florence in 1962, he started in a graphic study of the twelve big marble statues of the Apostles in Carrara for the "Hollywood Cemetery Park" (California). Then followed several appointments for the placing of some sculptures in churches in U.S.A, Canada Honduras and Mexico. Critics prizes him for his graphic and sculptural art. In 1963 he became teacher of plastic art and professional design planning. In 1968 some of his sculptures were exposed in the famous monumental cemetery in Staglieno, Genoa. The following year, during a public ceremony the world-wide well-known artists working in Versilia, such as Thomas Mc Glynn, Jacques Lipschitz, Bruno Lucchesi, Franco Miozzo, Rosario Murabito and Marcello Tommasi and him were awarded prizes with a gold medal by the mayor of Pietrasanta. Under his direction was realized the big frieze in white marble of Carrara, representing "the Life of Christ" destinated to the Crypt of Padre Pio of Petralcina (Church of "S.Maria delle Grazie" in S.Giovanni Rotondo). In 1970 he was invited - as a guest - to the first International Biennal Exhibition of Sacred Art in S.Giovanni Rotondo. In the following years he became the most required sculptor of sacred art by the most important italian and foreign foundry. Other prestigious works are the many commemorative medals that he realised with originality. Never-ending is his personal production that catch the graphic growing interest of the most important arts publications. Carlo Cacciatori lives and works in Pietrasanta, countrytown of Versilia, in the shade of the Apuan Alps from whom Michelangelo Buonarroti got the beautiful "statuario marble".
Development by Magic Web Solutions.